Thursday, October 1, 2009

Entries

"If you would like to enter a quilt or try your hand at our Fabric Book challenge, that would be great, submission deadline is September 17th. Remember all you need is a photograph..the item need not be finished until drop-off on Sunday, October 4th" I know these words, I've written these words, I've told other people these words......why did I never really READ these words! The item must be finished by...all you need is a photo right now....this is like a credit card for the Artist!
You see, I've been in a slump, a creative drought, lots of stress in my life, a few health issues, etc. So, I really wanted to enter a fabric book, except that all the pictures that normally float around my head with completed projects, seem to have vacated the premises.
And what do most of us do when we find ourselves short at the end of the month...or in a creative vacuum...we pull out the plastic, or our digital camera whichever is closer and we say "put it on our tab!" I've been pulling fabric, dis-manteling silk flowers, trying out fabric paints, free-motion stitching, all in an attempt to force the creativity. This could leave a mark, and not the fun, funky kind normally found on your latest piece!
So, here's what I think...I need to remember to breathe..I need to remember to trust myself...and I need to remember to Never Ever do this again, after all I've got to pay my tab in full this Sunday,and I'm a little afraid to see all of the creative IOU's in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment