Monday, January 4, 2010

The Great Challenge of 2010...

It's Monday, January 4th..so how's it going-you may ask...well... here's the scoop...I made crab cakes from Paula Deen's cookbooks for New Year's Eve, and I thought, coolness here's another cookbook off the list,and on a holiday to boot! Then Don said "I thought you said the recipes had to be new ones, not ones you've made before...grumble, grumble, grumble...okay he's right(someone has to keep me honest!)


 So I moved forward, made a mushroom risotto from the book "Linda McCartney On Tour" on New Year's Day, it was pretty good..I think it could become a staple...but what was really cool is that I really read this cookbook...I looked at alot of recipes,checked out the index,looked at supporting websites, and it is really cool. It has alot of simple recipes from all over the world. What a great book...and there it was just sitting on my shelf. It used to belong to Elizabeth, and I know I loved it beacuse of that, but man I was missing out! But no more!!!
The count as of today is I have 114 more cookbooks to go, and I believe I have picked  the next one. It's the "Buffalo Presbyterian Church Cookbook", it was a Christmas gift from my parents in 1984, and I don't think there is anything even remotely healthy in here..not that that is a pre-requisite for this challenge, I'm just trying not to kill anybody who has high cholesterol, sugar, etc.....so tomorrow night we'll see how the pierogi lasagna turns out..can anyone say carbs!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment