Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cooking Goals

117 Cookbooks..making one recipe from each book by December 27, 2010......

Tonight made Chiles Rellenos from "Rick Bayless's Mexican Kitchen"...my husband is a huge fan of the dish, almost always orders it when we go to a Mexican Restaurant...by the way "La Puerta Azul" in Millbrook NY is AMAZING!!! I'm not saying mine compared to theirs, but Don liked it and that works for me...although I do think I left the poblano peppers under the broiler a little too long to be able to remove the skin..I almost removed everything! A little re-shaping of the pepper with the filling was necessary!

Last night I made Onion Soup and Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce from "Mastering the Art of French Cooking"..I was scared to death to cook anything out of this book..all of a sudden I was back in Jr. High in Home EC with my teacher, who I was certain hated young people and Home EC. But when I just read the recipe through before I started and took it one step at a time...I did it..I was having fun...Don loved them both!

So, now 115 cookbooks to go, 1 recipe from each by 12/27/10.....I hope my Mother-In-Law likes this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment