Monday, December 28, 2009

Creativity in all parts of my life.....

I have always told people that you should look before you leap...know what your goal is or where you want to go before you walk down one path or another...apparently I missed that little step with myself and my goals for 2010.  You see upon closer examination of my cook books and my fabric arts books, I have discovered a few interesting things......

1. I have 2 cookbooks from 1934...1 book from during WWII-which took into account all of the various food shortages. I also have one that the main ingredient is beer...1 from England that is all in metrics...I knew I should have payed attention that day they told us about conversion between the two systems.  I have 1 in German..I used to be able to speak and write in German...but that is long gone. I pick up a fashion magazine in German every now and then to give the language a go again, but I'm not so sure my family wants me to guess what the recipe calls for and how it should be cooked......

2. In my sewing studio I have discovered some interesting titles there as well....1 is "Quilting with the Muppets"..really what was I thinking...another, which was a gift and I know was given with the best possible of intentions, is "Mirror Manipulations"..there are points that have to be met all over the place in this book..scary stuff..I mean they want you to use binding for goodness sake!!!! Has anybody seen my work? Trust me when I say there isn't any binding on anything...in fact most people think my stuff is unfinished :) I also apparently own an Upholsterer's book...oh that should be fun...I'm going to have to measure. Don't get me wrong, I own measuring tapes, several as a matter of fact, but I always looked at them more like cat toys than tools. I wonder if you can still read the numbers through the chew marks...

Day two of my challenge and I've already learned a couple of lessons....one really should know what one already owns. If you don't, I don't think you should buy more stuff...just think Muppet quilting....the other lesson is mathematics can really be useful in life after school...and finally maybe I should have just given up eating chocolate for the New Year........

No comments:

Post a Comment